Leaders get my wrath no matter who they are! Below is a quote from an article I wrote in July: 'Whimsical Decision Making and Dysfunctional Political Party.'*
"And how naïve would someone criticize the boss, tells the boss ‘I want your job’ and expects the boss to say ‘go ahead, take my job…you are a great man!’ I don’t know which world Riek Machar is living in. What he’s saying regarding the country is admittedly the general truth; that the country is off the cliff and something has to change to salvage it, however, this doesn’t mean entering into the culture of ‘care-free-ness.’ An able leader would seek helpful ways of solving problems. You don’t get to criticize your boss, an uncritical boss for that matter, and get to keep your job. What were you smoking, Mr. Machar? Ambition intoxication?"
Okay, Dr. Machar, I get it! We all know Kiir is incompetent, corrupt and naïve as a leader. We also know that he mismanaged SPLM's internal problems and he mishandled the events leading to December 15, 2013 mutiny in Juba and the events that followed. We know he formed a naïve, needless independent group of guards who mindlessly orchestrated deaths of many innocent Nuer civilians in Juba. And that, conscientious South Sudanese would condemn.
President Kiir led us to this mess! I give that to you!
But...but removing Kiir by military means is not only wrong but stupid! You've reminded people of 1991 in ways that'll take infinity to do away with. But don't be like mathematicians because infinity is not a number but a situation! I've not heard you sending a clear message of civilians' protection, especially the residents of Pariang and Abiemnom...and now Bor (again!)
- Blood in your hands - Twice!
- Coming back to SPLM - Twice, inevitably!
- Fighting your former boss - Twice
- Saying things that don't check with reality - several times
- Leading a rebellion - Twice
- Marrying a 'white' lady - Twice
- Shooting civilians on your way to 'democracy' - twice (Well, I know your grievances in the SPLM were genuine democratic calls until you supported an armed rebellion--bad idea!)
- Being supported by Gadet - Twice!
- You captured and lost the town of Bor - twice
- You'll sit on a government chair after blood has been spilled - Twice
- Will you be forgiven....Twice?
- Arming innocent young Nuer men and women - Twice!
- Being deserted by colleagues after misappropriating a noble cause - Twice, inevitably!
Stop the madness and save innocent civilians. You're testing the patience of African leaders and the international fellows. I hope you're educated and wise enough to know what that means.
Dr. Machar, the truth you were trying to get or establish within SPLM, has been or is getting lost in your support of rebellion and the loss of innocent lives!
* DYSFUNCTIONAL POLITICAL PARTY
RACE: WHAT IT IS AND WHAT IT IS NOT
No sound-minded human being would ever say with a straight face, that human classification based on color [race], is inherently necessary. "Human racial classification," writes Richard Lewontin in 1972, "is of no social value and is positively destructive of social and human relations." I totally agree with that. However, color-based human classification has become a social reality no one can ignore.
Race impacts our contemporary sociopolitical way of life even when many imminent scholars try to argue race into oblivion. While Europeans...